The Professional Learning in Education (PLE) Site provides working professionals in with information and tips for success in their online graduate programs in education. This site is primarily for students in and graduates of the Professional Programs in Western’s Faculty of Education, but all are welcome to join the community!
It is crucial for educators to develop their professional knowledge and skills in a rapidly changing educational environment. There are a range of opportunities to do so, which reflects the complexity of the teacher profession. This site provides a selection of materials for accessing professional learning resources and for success in programs of professional graduate education. Based on OCT’s Professional Learning Framework, this page aims to contribute to achieving the following goals:
- Ongoing improvement of practice
- Standards-based focus for an integrated approach to teacher education
- Professional learning opportunities based on the principles of effective learning
- Planning and reflection resources for professional learning
- Building learning communities for graduate students